There is no risk to the public following a fuel spill at the Kimberley Health Centre.
This from Terry Doman of East Kootenay Community Services after a generator leaked fuel into the facility over the weekend.
Doman explains the incident occurred during the power outage.
“We were notified [Sunday] that there was an issue with the generator and that there was a leak and it’s being attended to based on Ministry of Environment expectations.” explains Doman.
She adds that services will only be affected on Monday.
“We’ll reopen with full services [on Tuesday]” says Doman. “The physician clinic, home health clinic, all of our clinics will resume at full service on Tuesday.”
The spill was fully contained inside the building and Interior Health there will be no environmental impact as a result of the accident.
Those with public health concerns can go to Rocky Mountain Lodge in Cranbrook and any emergencies should visit East Kootenay Regional Hospital.
– Terry Doman, East Kootenay Community Services health service administrator
– Devin Howard