Due to recent changes in the weather and fire behaviour, the area restriction currently in effect around the White River and Quinn Creek wildfires will be rescinded at noon Pacific Time on Wednesday, Sept. 20, 2017.
In addition, BC Parks (in consultation with the BC Wildfire Service) is reopening Whiteswan Lake Provincial Park for public use, effective immediately.
However, in the interest of public safety and the safety of first responders, the following forest service road closures are now in effect and will remain in place until the public is otherwise notified.
* White River Forest Service Road, starting at the 32.5 kilometre mark
* White-East Fork Forest Service Road, starting at the 60-kilometre mark
* White-Schoefield Forest Service Road, starting at the 78-kilometre mark
* Lodgepole Creek R05956 SEC 1 Forest Service Road, starting at the 54.3-kilometre mark
* Quinn Creek Forest Service Road, starting at Alpine Creek
* Bull River Forest Service Road, between the 94.5-kilometre mark and Narboe Creek
A campfire ban remains in effect throughout the Southeast Fire Centre.
– From the BC Government