The Chamber of Commerce, with 40 volunteers in tow, is canvassing local businesses from 1 to 4 this afternoon.
The goals of Cranbrook Business Walk 2017 are
- Understand the issues and opportunities of existing Cranbrook business community
- Quickly diagnose firms on the brink of greatness or that may be at risk
- Build long lasting and effective working relationships between decision makers and local businesses
- Increase awareness of the programs and services offered by the City Economic Development Department, Chamber of Commerce, Community Futures, Provincial Government and other partners
- Recognize the impact and value of local businesses
- Identify those businesses that may require assistance
- Track the state of the local business community over time with annual Business Walks
- Provide local businesses with access to information that can help them grow and expand locally
The inaugural business walk surveyed upwards of 160 businesses.
The initiative is a partnership between Community Futures East Kootenay, City of Cranbrook, Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce and the Ministry of Jobs, Tourism & Skills Training.