New investments from the Federal Gas Tax Fund include six million dollars for the Windermere Water Upgrade Project.
The Federal Government announced $193 million being provided for 108 projects throughout British Columbia, including six in the East Kootenay.
The RDEK says the funding will have a huge impact on upgrades.
RDEK Chair Rob Gay and Vice Chair Wendy Booth will now begin working with staff to determine how the funds will be used to complete critical infrastructure upgrades and reduce the overall tax impact for property owners on the Windermere Water Upgrade project.
A list of local projects receiving support through the federal Gas Tax Fund can be found below.
– Village of Canal Flats – OCP Rewrite and Zoning Bylaw Update – $110,000
– Regional District of East Kootenay – Windermere Treated Water Project – $6,000,000
– City of Fernie – Integrated Infrastructure Capital Plan – $181,750
– Town of Golden – Infrastructure Replacement Priority Plan – $80,000
– District of Invermere – Sanitary Sewer Master Plan – $85,000
– City of Kimberley – Integrated Infrastructure Capital Plan – $183,350
(Photo from the Regional District of East Kootenay)
– From the BC Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing and the Regional District of East Kootenay