Two people were hospitalized resulting from a fire at a Hotel in Cranbrook this morning.
Acting director of Cranbrook Fire and Emergency Services Scott Driver says crews arrived at Lazy Bear Lodge around 9 am and found the flames on the building’s second floor had been put out.
“We found the building with the fire extinguished, and two occupants had minor injuries and were handed over to the care of the BC Ambulance Service.”
He says the fire may have been triggered by a malfunctioning heating appliance.
“It looked like a heating appliance had malfunctioned or been used incorrectly, so we’re looking into the cause of that.”
The hotel was not significantly damaged.
– Scott Driver – Acting Director, Cranbrook & Fire Emergency Services