Christmas parties will soon be upon us and the Cranbrook RCMP are urging residents to use care and common sense when driving this Holiday Season.
Each year RCMP in Cranbrook and around the Province conduct extensive check stops to ensure people are enjoying the Holiday Season responsibly. This year our Christmas Counter Attack starts on November 30th and will continue through the Holiday Season.
Cranbrook RCMP will have several road checks throughout the month in order to deter drug and alcohol impaired driving.
Last Holiday Season the Cranbrook RCMP took over 20 drivers off the road as a result of impaired driving investigations between the end of November and the end of January.
Constable Katie Forgeron offers a few tips to ensure you get home safely. These include:
• Organize a designated driver program with family and friends.
• Discuss a plan with your family that, should you need a ride; they will provide it-no questions asked. Remember to return the favour.
• Plan ahead to take public transit or a taxi.
• Stay overnight.
• Stay sober yourself, and provide safe transportation for your friends.
Cranbrook RCMP hopes everyone has a safe and happy Holiday Season.
– Constable Katie Forgeron, Kimberley RCMP
(Photo from the Kimberley RCMP / Facebook)